MediaForce identified DTRA/SCC-WMD’s target audiences, conducted agency-relevant content research, and interviewed key subject matter experts throughout the agency. We then created The Shield: a first-of-its-kind, 40-page, full-color print publication, highlighting the many ways that DTRA/SCC-WMD is succeeding in protecting America’s military and making the world safer. Through mission-oriented content, photos and illustrations, the new magazine educates agency staff, members of Congress, other elements of the federal government, and global partners about the agency’s extraordinary people, robust history, and exceptional missions around the world.
The Shield has been distributed at DTRA/SCC-WMD-sponsored events, through agency internal/external electronic dissemination channels, and through direct mail to every DTRA/SCC-WMD office and site. In addition, it has been distributed to members of Congress, military commands, federal and defense reporters, academic institutions, international partners, and national magazine and design competitions.
The Shield earned 16 awards.
- Eleven Communicator awards:
- Magazine, Overall Design
- Magazine, Cover Design
- Magazine, Copy/Writing
- Magazine, Government
- Magazine, Interior Design
- Employee Publication, Overall Design,
- Employee Publication, Cover Design
- Employee Publication, Interior Design
- Employee Publication, Copy/Writing
- Employee Publication, Internal Communications
- Employee Publication, Internal Magazine
- The APEX Award for Most Improved Magazine or Journal
- The Platinum Spotlight Award for Print: Magazine/Newsletter, Quarterly and Nearly Quarterly, Top 100 Communication Material (Ranked #41)
- Three MarCom Awards:
- Design (Print)/Magazine